Ass. Prof. at the Economics Department, State University – Higher School of Economics (Chair “Socio-Economic Systems and Social Policy”). 2008-2009 - German Federal Chancellor Scholar at the University of Bamberg (within German Chancellor Fellowship for prospective leaders supported by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation);
Chief expert of the CPPE.
main – higher, Specialist Degree in Sociology, State Academy of Management, Moscow (1997); Master Degree in Economics, State University – Higher School of Economics, Moscow (1998);
additional – summer schools, organized by University of Bremen with the support from Volkswagen Foundation – Berlin, Germany (2006), European Consortium for Sociological Research – Trento, Italy (2004) / Stockholm, Sweden (2001), Central European University, Budapest, Hungary (2002);
further – Exchange Program with the Economics Department, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands (including cooperation with the University of Nijmegen; the Maastricht University; Erasmus University, Rotterdam; Rotterdam School of Management) – 2000, 2001.
3. Specialist field and qualification according to education:
4. Academic title:
PhD in Sociology (State University – Higher School of Economics, 2003).
5. Work experience:
total – 15 years, in the field – 13 years.
6. Information on participation in projects:
6.1 Work out of Methodological Approaches for Performance Measurement of Stimulation Programs of Innovative Scientific Research and Design and Experimental Projects, Analysis of its Practicability and Pilot Approbation of Implementation of such Approaches, 2008, on commission from the Fund of Support of Small Enterprises in scientific-technical sphere;
6.2 Mid-term evaluation of the TEMPUS programme in Russian Federation – the project was initiated and supported by EU Delegation in the Russian Federation, 2007;
6.3 Comparative evaluation of Russian universities’ performance from the employers’ perspective – elaboration of employer-oriented ranking of universities. The project was initiated and supported by the non-Government organization ‘Delovaya Rossia’ and the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, 2005-2008;
6.4. Performance evaluation at research organizations in the USA: practices, challenges and impacts. The project was supported and administered by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) within the US-Russia Expert Forum, initiated by the US Department of State, 2006;
6.5. Integration of Russian and European practices for raising the performance effectiveness of the civil service – key expert of ‘Capacity Building’ component of Administrative Reform I project (EuropeAid 113768/D/SV/RU / TACIS) implemented by the consortium led by Thales Engineering and Consulting, 2004-2005;
6.6. Evaluation of the impact of the long-term project ‘Increasing Management Effectiveness of the Universities’, led by the National Training Foundation, Russia, 2004;
6.7. Developed, adjusted and promoted systems for performance planning and evaluation at departmental and individual levels at several federal ministries, 1999-2003.
7. Other information:
7.1 Selected publication:
- Vozmozhnye scenarii razvitija sotrudnichestva Rossii i ES v sfere obrazovanija v hode realizacii «dorozhnoj karty» Rossii-ES do 2013 g. // Vestnik mezhdunarodnyh organizacij: obrazovanie. Nauka, novaja jekonomika, 2007, ą5, p. 34-56 (together with B.V. Zhelezov, M.V. Larionova, T.A. Meshkova). (Possible scenarios for Russia – EU cooperation in education within Implementation of Russia-EU Roadmap till 2013);
- Menjaja, sovershenstvuja, kontroliruja: ispol'zovanie metodov ocenki dejatel'nosti v sfere nauki i tehnologij v Rossii i SShA // Sbornik rabot po materialam VIII Mezhdunarodnoj nauchnoj konferencii «Modernizacija jekonomiki i obwestvennoe razvitie» (3-5.04.2007). (Changing, improving, monitoring: the use of performance evaluation methods for R&D field in Russia and the USA);
- Ot gadanija na kofejnoj gustche k opredeleniju perspektiv: kak vyjavit' potrebnosti v kvalificirovannyh kadrah // Forsajt, 2007, ą2, p. 14-19. (From fortune-telling to setting the perspectives: the means for identifying the demand for qualified labour);
- Chtoby bylo ne naprasno: ocenivanie kak sposob povyshenija jeffektivnosti social'noj politiki // «Social'noe rynochnoe hozjajstvo: koncepcija, prakticheskij opyt i perspektivy primenenija v Rossii». M.: GU-VShJe, 2007, p. 279-284. (To be not in vain: Evaluation as a tool for raising the effectiveness of social policy);
- Vnedrenie novyh metodov organizacii i funkcionirovanija gosudarstvennoj sluzhby na regional'nom urovne: vozmozhnosti i ogranichenija // Sodejstvie reforme gosudarstvennogo upravlenija v Rossii. M.: Norma, 2005, p. 339-346. (Introducing the changes at the regional civil service: opportunities and limitations).
Download full CV Svetlana Tvorogova